TRAINING & OUTREACH
Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA)
Positive Synergy BCBAs are available to perform Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) at home, in the community, or at school. The FBA is used to determine the function of an inappropriate or nonfunctional behavior.
By finding out why a behavior is occurring, a more acceptable and functional behavior can be taught as a replacement while eliminating the need for and occurrence of the inappropriate behavior.
Consultation services are available to offer guidance with schools, daycares, and other community settings. When all those involved in client’s progress are on the same page, we are able to provide the client with a more cohesive, consistent learning environment. We are also available to provide education to professionals where needed, including seminars and trainings. We strongly believe that a child’s success within the school day relies heavily on the daily collaboration between all disciplines.
Services we provide include:
- Testing and evaluations
- Professional Development and training
- Consultation with professionals, including behavior consultations
- Direct services with clients or students
- Meeting and Due Process Supports
- Therapeutic social skills groups
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Brief Functional Analysis
- Applied Behavior Analysis Program Development
- Conducting Functional Behavior Assessments within the classroom
- Creating Behavior Intervention Plans
- Play and Social Skills
- Classroom/Home/Community Behavior Management
- Overview of Autism
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Verbal Behavior
- Discrete Trial Teaching
- Strategies for Increasing Language
- Incidental Teaching
- Natural Environment Teaching
- Communication Training/ PECS training
- Utilization of AAC devices throughout the school day
Parent training plays an integral part in your child’s successful acquisition of skills. Evidence based research has directly correlated family involvement to the acquisition of skills. Through a 4-tiered approach involving discussing, modeling, doing and critiquing, the BCBA will work with parents until they feel comfortable enough with the interventions to do them without the support of the BCBA or RBT. We also provide additional trainings outside of the standard ABA-session times on a variety of topics including:
- Picky Eaters
- Toilet Training
- Dealing with maladaptive behaviors
- Facilitating peer interactions
- Functional communication
- Language Development
- Sleep Challenges
- Compliance with chores and homework
- Transitioning to adulthood
- Surviving Community Outings and child’s appointments (doctors, dentists, haircuts and beyond)
- And so much more!
Now providing Safety Care training for families!
This innovative course provides parents and others at 18 and up with the skills interventions needed to improve behavior and to prevent, minimize, and manage potentially dangerous incidents.
POSITIVE SYNERGY IS A BACB® APPROVED CONTINUING EDUCATION (ACE) PROVIDER OF TYPE II CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS (OP-20-3338). “The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)© does not sponsor, approve, or endorse Positive Synergy, the materials, information, or sessions identified herein.”
Here at Positive Synergy continuing education and training is a top priority. We are happy to have received designation as an official Authorized Continuing Education (ACE) provider by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
As an ACE provider, we offer our team behavior-analytic continuing education events in order to ensure we are always up-to-date in the industry’s latest developments. The field of behavior analysis is ever-changing. With new technologies and developments comes new information. Providing events to our staff not only ensures we are current within the field, but also guarantees we are providing services that help our clients reach their greatest potential. We have found that leaders are cultivated and developed through the expansion of skills and knowledge. Learning is a lifelong process, and devoting time to continuing education promotes personal development and growth.
We look forward to providing public continuing education events to individuals outside of the agency in the near future to promote growth within our community by utilizing the same valuable strategies that we find within our ongoing research.